Wednesday, October 2, 2013

The Open Door

As I finish the book "Paper Towns" by John Green, I've come to realize I don't much like reading because... I love it so much.
I thought the only reason I stopped reading for fun was because I started college, but no. That's not it at all. I stopped reading books because I can't stand the feeling once I've finished it. It's too similar to the daily aches and pains of growing older. The sense of "I can never go back." It's the feeling of "it's over." But worst of all it feels like saying Good-bye.

Over the years this has been my bigest fear and heart ache; saying good bye. I can't quite put it to words. You'll never be the same after this good bye. There's the possibility of never seeing that person again or sitting in your favorite spot in that house again. It's leaving the things you've learned to love hoping you'll learn to love like that again.

Good-bye opens the door to never-again. Never have I been so afraid of an open door.

No comments:

Post a Comment